So due to popular demand I have updated the Budda recipe for you guys and I hope this makes a bit more sense. If you haven’t already, please read this handy article so I don’t have to repeat myself.
Budda is by far the easiest and most popular method to consume THC since its simple to make, holds well and can be used in a wide range of recipes. And just like THC, it does not like high temp’s. I will warn you, this does take time to make but it’s soooo worth it.
I’ve tried a lot of methods and made a lot of edibles so the recipe you’re getting is my golden standard. We are going to boil the butter and ground Buds in Water. The reason being is that water will only get up to 212 which means that the butter and THC cant burn. Since THC only binds to fat, when the mix cools you have a solid block of butter and the water can just be pored out. So here we go.
Mise En Place
- Figure out how strong you want it and refer to the chart below
- 1/4 ounce of finely ground BUDS per pound of butter for a light but potent batch
1/2 ounce of finely ground BUDS per pound of butter for a medium strength batch.
- 1 ounce of finely ground BUDS per pound of butter for a unholy strength batch.
- Large Pot 1/2 full of burning water
- 1 lb butter (it really doesn’t matter if its salted or not)
- Cheese cloth (see notes)
- Large container to strain the mix into
- Rubber Spatula
MOP (Method of preparation)
- Turn on your vents to high cause this stuff will stink up the house.
- Make sure the buds are well ground
- Get the water boiling
- Add the butter and let it fully melt
- Add the buds and whisk to fully mix
- Cut down to a simmer
- Let it cook for at least 4-6 hours adding water when needed, I cook mine for 12.
- Let the mix cool for a few minutes
- Cover the inside of the strainer with the cheese cloth and slowly pour the mix through.
- Make sure to scrape the inside of the pot with the rubber spatula.
- Pull the sides of the cheese cloth together to form a bag and squeeze out the last bits of the butter.
- Put the mix in the fridge for a few hours (or in the freezer if you are in a rush) until the budda solidifies and separates from the water.
- Dump the water and Ta da ! You now have a pound of highly potent THC Budda. Use wisely
Notes: Yes, this does take a while to make but it’s like I’ve said a dozen times, slow and low. You want to make sure that all of the THC is extracted and binds to the butter but you don’t want to risk burning it. Yes, there are other methods but as I said, this is the one that works the best for me.
And yes, it’s supposed to look shit green after you have cooked it for that long
As far as what cheese cloth is, you can find it in any grocery store and it’s just a really fine mesh fabric that’s used by Chefs for a wide range of things. It’s cheep and not hard to find and it will make sure that you don’t get little bits of bud in the butter. And no, you can’t smoke the stuff that’s left over since you just extracted all of the THC.
More recipes will be coming very soon
**** Spread the love and help this site grow by clicking here or with any of the links below and as always, thanks for reading